Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A hectic week

So I haven't focused too much on this class since handing in the paper last week, but only because I had a paper due yesterday for another class, I will be flying to Savannah to visit my family on Thursday, and I have a big paper due next Friday on Dublin Core.

I managed to send out a few friend requests last night on MySpace for the IPL, and we officially have one friend. The Denver Public Library has a MySpace page that is geared towards teenagers, and is a great example of what I want our MySpace page to be. I'm going to attempt to send out more requests shortly, as I don't have much time to edit this week.

Class was interesting this week, talking about how technology is changing the environments in which we all hope to work. I know I'm not what people imagine when they think of librarian, and maybe it's time to start breaking predetermined notions wherever we can. That reminds me, I have to renew a library book before I get charged for it.


Ohhhh and if anyone out there watches The Office, Dwight is going to be spending some time in SecondLife this week, I'll be on a plane to Georgia so I'll miss it, but I'm still super excited!!!

Melanie

No comments: